Have you ever experienced losing control of how you think and behave in times of stress or conflict? Have you ever felt concerned that you are perceived as aggressive, intimidating or out of control?
Have your friends and family behaved differently around you when you “lose it” or if you become agitated with certain situations?
You are most likely struggling with self-regulating your emotions and your frustrations and angst produce an unhappy and dysfunctional version of you that you are not proud of.
With good anger management counselling, you become less angry more often.
Expressing your anger by just letting it all out seems like it would be helpful but you have probably figured out by now that it is not helping you or the other person who bore the brunt of your anger.
In fact, letting anger out all the time has been found to just make you more likely to be angry, not less. Unless of course you are expressing your feelings and needs in a constructive manner, whereby you are listening to the other person’s perspective and taking their needs and interests on board as you openly express your own.
A tailored approach to counselling throughout Perth and Fremantle
Your concerns about anger, the causes and the trouble that it is causing is going to be different from one person to the next. We work one on one with our clients to offer a 6 – 14 session counselling program.
A psychologist is trained to help you identify the situations that cause you to be angry, learn release options, explore how your thinking patterns and behaviour contribute to your feelings and resolve past situations that have left you susceptible to these triggers.
Sometimes anger can be a sign of an underlying problem such as depression, anxiety, Bi-polar or past traumas. Anger management counselling can help you to identify the causes of your anger and resolve it.
We can help with Court ordered anger management courses.
What our anger management services cover
- Helps you to identify the patterns in what causes you to express your feelings in an unhelpful manner
- Explore the beliefs and thoughts that underlie unhealthy anger
- Find healthy ways to release your tensions
- Build awareness and control
- Explore and process the sources of pain from the past or learning that contributed to unhealthy emotional reactions or behaviour.
Speak to us today to make an appointment
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT PHONE: 08 6555 7786
- Phones answered Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
- After-hours appointments available weeknights to 7 pm, Saturdays 9am to 1.00pm
- Medicare rebates can be processed at your session with referral from GP for a Mental Health Plan
- Private health rebates may apply
We also are able to help you identify and work through anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. We open our services up to families, as well as relationship counselling.