Your space to heal and process the past through counselling with psychologists experienced in sexual abuse.
Sexual abuse can be a very traumatic and overwhelming experience for any individual. If you have experienced sexual abuse you may be struggling with graphic memories and emotions that may be affecting your life and general wellbeing. It is comforting to know that it is possible to recover from the effects of sexual abuse, however this is normally something that requires the assistance, care and support of an experienced psychologist. Your psychologist will listen and help you to lead a more fulfilling life with acceptance and compassion.
How Does Sexual Abuse Impact You?
Sexual abuse can affect people in different ways. It may have a huge effect on your day to day life or affect your sense of identity and general well-being.
Sexual abuse can impact or cause the following:
- Self esteem
- Anxiety and fear
- Managing negative emotions
- Feelings about your body
- Sex and intimacy
- Developing healthy relationships
Sometime the impact can be very subtle and may involve subconscious feelings of dislike for some sexual behaviours that result in your partner feeling rejected and unloved.
What Does Sexual Abuse Counselling Involve?
It is not required to relive your memories unless you feel comfortable doing so. Counselling can provide support in many ways that relate to emotional and mental wellbeing.
Sexual Abuse Counselling can help you to:
- Manage day to day depression or anxiety symptoms
- Come to terms with the abuse including what happened and the impact
- Experience and release some of the feelings associated with the sexual abuse that has typically remained unexpressed
- Explore the range of feelings towards the abuser(s) and non-protective parents, siblings or caretakers; and
- Understand why it happened and what it means for your life
- Rebuild your self-esteem and hope for the future
- Develop healthy coping strategies
How can A resolution Applecross Help?
Sexual Abuse is a hard subject to discuss and for this reason it is an important topic to deal with and seek professional help to overcome. Our team of experienced Perth-based psychologists are passionate and care about working with you to help you through the recovery process.
Where are you located?
A resolution Applecross can service and treat clients throughout Perth looking for Sexual Abuse therapy. We are conveniently located just off the Kwinana Fwy. Nearby suburbs include South Perth, Manning, Booragoon, Victoria Park, Mount Pleasant, Rossmoyne, Brentwood, Willeton and more.