Spanish and English speaking Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Francisca Lessa is a Psychotherapist trained in psychology in Uruguay, South America. She has always been passionate about working with individuals, adults, children and their families, promoting healthy relationships and behavioural management techniques. Francisca has completed her Bachelor of Psychology in Uruguay and is in the process of completing her Master’s in Psychology and provisional registration as a psychologist.
Francisca aims to the independent and mature functioning of children, providing tools and working in individual processes that help the healthy development of the child, respecting the individual times and needs of each one. She loves sharing and accompanying children through their different developmental paths, facing the different conflicts that may arise, providing tools that favours an autonomous, adapted and healthy functioning. Francisca has significant experience working with children to help manage anxiety and ongoing treatment of associated symptoms and problem solving. Francisca has experience in Child Play therapy and Family therapy.
Adults – depression, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder
Francisca has worked considerably with depression and anxiety disorders. She has significant experience working with mood disorders including mild, moderate to severe depression. Francisca uses various skills including psychoeducation, CBT, behavioural experiments, keeping of mood diaries and other essential skills for management of disordered thought patterns and behaviours. Francisca works with CBT and exposure-response training for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Francisca has completed one year of Master level education in Analytical Psychology, mainly working with adults. Jungian therapy assists an individual in their personal growth in addition to exploring the historical causes of psychological problems, such as adverse early experiences or deficit parenting. When the natural tendency to become one’s authentic self is blocked, mental health issues such as depression, compulsion, addiction, anxiety and destructive relationship patterns ensue. Healing requires an exploration into what the individual’s growth needs to entail, such as an increased capacity for authority, humility, independence, relationship, meaning, or practicality. For a Jungian psychotherapist, the experience of sadness, loss of energy, hopelessness and irritability are seen in the greater context of your psychological development.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Francisca holds advanced practice training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for depression and anxiety and has completed further professional development in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety.
Francisca is passionate about working with people with these concerns!
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety including Panic Disorder
Key Training Highlights
- Bachelor of Psychology (Universidad Católica Del Uruguay)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Anxiety (PESI Australia)
- Advanced CBT (Australian Psychological Society)
- Analytical Psychology (Completion of 1yr of study of Master of Psychology – specialisation in Jungian Analytical Psychology Universidad Católica Del Uruguay)
- Psychotherapy Foundation – Family Psychotherapy including play therapy (Universidad Católica Del Uruguay)
- Mental Health in the Perinatal Period – COPE Center of Perinatal Excellence
Hours at the practice
- 9 am to 2 pm Saturday
- 8 am to 2 pm Wednesday
- 2.30 pm to 7 pm Monday
- Individuals (50 mins): $ 130 /$140 Peak
- Couple or family session (50 mins): $160
- 75-minute consultations: $210
- Concession rate for Health Care Card Holders: $100 off peak only.
*Please note that Medicare and Private health rebates do not apply to psychotherapist or provisional psychologist services.