Applecross Community Psychologists
COVID19 Practice Policies Aresolution
We are mindful of growing concerns regarding Covid-19 and wanted to write to you to answer any questions you may have and let you know what we are doing and what we need you to do to keep things as safe as possible. As practitioners in an allied health setting, we would like to reassure you that our clinics are committed to the health and safety of all visitors and have put in place several measures as precautions.
Will everyone be required to be vaccinated to enter the clinic?
All of our practitioners are vaccinated and follow mandatory guidelines around booster shots. At this stage there are no mandatory requirements for clients at the practice to demonstrate proof of vaccination. Even with mandatory vaccination guidelines, we see child clients at the practice and some are not eligible or required to be vaccinated not at our practice or in other public venues.
With this in mind, please minimise contact with each other by arriving at your appointment just on time, waiting in your car or the foyer. Please keep a maximum of two persons in the waiting area.
- Wash your hands thoroughly upon arrival at our clinic.
- Sign in using the QR Code, with your respective app
- Arrive at the time of your appointment and minimise use of the waiting room. Please don’t leave children/family members in the waiting area.
- Wear a mask to your appointment, in the waiting room, during the consultation and between occasional sips of your beverage.
- Do not attend your appointment face to face, if you are unwell with any cold, cough or ‘flu like” symptoms. If you do attend with any such symptoms, you will be asked to phone in.
- Organise a video/phone session alternative if you:
- Have any cold/flu symptoms
- Have a family member diagnosed with COVID19
- Be aware, that if you don’t attend via phone/video our late notice cancellation fee policy applies to all COVID19 related cancellations/reschedules made within 48hrs, unless we can rebook the appointment or a valid medical certificate can be produced. If you wish to discuss a late notice fee please contact us on email@example.com
What precautions have we implemented?
- Each consulting room and reception room has an air purifier
- Handwash/soap is available in all bathrooms.
- A handwash station is set up near the entry to our Ardross St location, bathrooms are located at the entry of our Reynolds Road location.
- We wash our hands thoroughly regularly and will refrain from shaking hands.
- High-frequency touch areas such as door handles are cleaned regularly
- Tissues are available in our waiting area and in therapy rooms.
- Sanitiser is available in our waiting area and consulting rooms
What implications are there in terms of privacy?
In the event that our staff or any of our clients or visitors (as the case may be) contract Covid-19, we may be required to disclose names and contact details of people we have been in contact with to The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), as well as the nature of our contact. We will protect your privacy in as much as is possible, whilst giving necessary information.
What about liability if I get COVID-19?
COVID-19 is contagious and all visitors to the practice voluntarily assume the risk that they or their children may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the practice and such exposure may result in personal injury, illness, disability and/or death. This risk of exposure to COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself or others. Visitors assume responsibility for payment of any and all of their or their children’s medical costs.
Our commitment to you
- We will take precautions and regularly review our health and safety procedures in order to protect our practitioners and clients.
- In the event that one of the team members contract Covid-19, we will self-isolate until confirmed clear of the virus and offer all sessions online if we are well enough.
- Please note that we will not work if we are not well enough, particularly if we have a cough, which can be disruptive to our work.
- In the event that a client or colleague we have had contact with contracts Covid-19, we will advise you, via email or phone and we will discuss whether in person or online sessions would be appropriate for you.
- We will be as informed as possible and direct you to suitable sources where your questions are outside of our expertise.
We are here to help you move through your client journey and thus, will continue as much as possible as business as usual. If this means we need to move our sessions from face-to-face to video for a period of time, we are prepared to do so.
- National Health Service Information
- Public Health Commonly Asked Questions (NSW)
- Public Health Commonly Asked Questions (WA)
- Public Health Commonly Asked Questions (QLD)
- Public Health Commonly Asked Questions (ACT)
- For People who have travelled recently or plan to travel
- For those who return from high risk areas
- For those who are required to self isolate
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (USA) Children
Australian Government Department of Health
A final word…
We are here to support you and will try to be flexible wherever possible. If you are not concerned, we need not take time in your session time to process the situation. Likewise, if you are experiencing increasing concern, we can spend time focusing on strategies to support you. I would like to reassure you that whatever your reaction, you will have space to express in our appointments together if you would like to.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please contact me the practice manager or discuss in your next session with your psychologist.
Principal Psychologist and Practice Manger
Where are you located?
A resolution Applecross can service and treat clients throughout Perth looking to manage depression. We are conveniently located just off the Kwinana Fwy. Nearby suburbs include South Perth, Manning, Booragoon, Victoria Park, Mount Pleasant, Rossmoyne, Brentwood, Willeton and more.
To Learn More Call Today On 08 6555 7786
Our couch, Your private space
Our private and warmly appointed rooms in Applecross provide the perfect space for you to begin your journey of self-development and start taking control of leading a more fulfilling life. We are located near Applecross Village with a private rear entry, upstairs at the back of the building.
Make and manage your appointments online, our diary portal makes it easy.