Namrata is passionate about helping people with these concerns!
|Trauma and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
|Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
||Grief and loss
||Borderline Personality Disorder
Getting ready for your online therapy session
In a therapy session, a lot of consideration goes into optimising the physical and emotional environment in order to establish a comfortable and secure space with you. These are major considerations for every therapist when they set up their office space. With video sessions we both need to work together to ensure that we create that same comfortable and connected space between us.
Think about this, when you walk into our office for a session you have a nice comfortable chair, tissues, water available and sufficient lighting for you to feel comfortable.
Take an hour or so to set up your own private therapy space.
Creating your online therapy space:
- Find a comfortable chair
- Have tissues, tea, coffee or water ready
- Use your laptop positioned on a stand and stable surface
- If you must use your phone, don’t hold your phone for the entire session, buy a selfie holder and turn off your notifications.
- If you are participating in Eye-movement desensitisation reprocessing therapy online, you must use a laptop or Ipad and headphones.
- Use headphones and a microphone, you want a really crisp, clear connection with your therapist
- Make sure any lighting is set in front of you not behind
- Don’t take calls in a public space
- Make sure you use a private Wi-Fi connection, preferably your NBN connection.
Confidentiality and no recordings
Remember, your sessions are confidential, we will speak to you in a private space at home if we are not in our office and always with a headset to maintain your privacy.
We ask that you do not record the session under any circumstances, we will not be recording you.
What happens if there are technical errors?
Please be patient, there may be technical glitches with Zoom from time to time, if so we have other platforms we can use such as google meetings, calls can be transferred in minutes.
We will endeavour to give you your full 50-minute session at that time even if there are 5-10 minutes of technical issues. If technical issues persist we may have to reschedule to another time.
What platform do we use and is it secure?
We use either Cliniko or a secure connection with Zoom, https://zoom.us/. All conversations are encrypted. Download the program before the session and we will send you a link to your meeting with us beforehand.
Do you have a back-up platform?
As a back-up, if Zoom servers are overloaded we can meet on our Google Business platform meet.google.com. Download meet.google.com as a back up to be ready if we need to switch over. If not, don’t worry it takes a few minutes to co