Please find below our session fees for private fee-paying clients for standard therapy consultations effective 1st October 2023. We remain competitive in the industry for our service quality and keeping our prices below the consultation fee of $280 (50 minutes) recommended by the Australian Psychology Society.
Higher rates may apply for invoices paid for by 3rd parties such as NDIS, Work Cover etc and your referral documentation is required for us to bill the third party directly.
The fee schedule and cancelation policy for our assessments can be found here
All clients are eligible to pay the lower private session fee rate provided they pay for the session on the day of the consultation and do not require us to invoice the 3rd party directly.
Clinical Psychologist prices (Dr Keren)
- Individual session off-peak finishing between 9am and 3:30 pm (50 mins) : $250
- Individuals session finishing before 9am and after 3:30 pm or Saturday’s (peak times) (50 mins): $260
- Couple or family sessions (50 mins): $280
- 75-minute sessions: $350
- Concession (for eligible concession card holders): $210
Medicare Rebates for Clinical Psychology are $136.35 per session for 10 sessions per calendar year
Tier One psychologist prices (Heidi, Megan, Katherine and Namrata)
- Individual session off-peak finishing between 9am and 3:30 pm (50 mins): $235
- Individuals session finishing before 9am and after 3:30 pm or Saturday’s (peak times) (50 mins): $245
- Couple or family sessions (50 mins): $255
- 75-minute sessions: $320
- Concession (for eligible concession card holders): $190
Tier Two Psychologist prices (Keara, Nadia and Henry)
- Individual session off-peak finishing between 9am and 3:30 pm (50 mins): $225
- Individuals session finishing before 9am and after 3:30 pm or Saturday’s (peak times) (50 mins): $235
- Couple or family sessions (50 mins): $245
- 75-minute sessions: $315
- Concession (for eligible concession card holders): $185
Medicare Rebates for tier one and two psychologists are $92.90 per session for 10 sessions per calendar year.
Provisional Psychologist fees
*Please note we currently do not have any provisional psychologists on our team
- Individual session off-peak finishing between 9 and 4 pm (50 mins): $155
- Individuals session finishing before 9 and after 4 pm or Sat (peak times) (50 mins): $165
- 75-minute sessions: $225
- Concession: $105
Late Notice Fee
We prefer clients to attend their booked appointments in person or via phone/video conference, if there is no way you can make it to an appointment and you are unable to provide us with 48hrs notice then a late notice/cancellation fee will be charged.
For cancellations/reschedules/non-attendance made with less than 48hrs notice, the fee is $150. If you can provide a medical certificate or if your appointment is able to be filled with a client off of our waitlist, the fee can be waived. (Please note that Medicare, TAC, Work Cover and other third parties do not cover late notice fees and the client is liable to pay the fee).
In addition to our regular monthly contributions to the Smith Family Australian Children’s Charity, a percentage of late notice fees will be donated.
Late notice fees are in place to help clients commit to attendance and provide notice so that other clients who need an appointment can attend in their place. Late notice fees will be waived in instances where evidence such as a medical certificate is provided and/or we have been able to rebook the appointment.
*late notice fees apply to bulk-billed and some third party appointments.
We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
If you have a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHP) referral form your GP, it will allow you to receive a rebate ($136.35 for a Clinical Psychologist and $92.90 for registered psychologists). Please email us your referral at the time you make a booking in order to claim rebates.
As a service to our clients, we process rebates for you on the day of your sessions (business days), but please allow a few days for processing to be completed. The MHP allows up to 10 Medicare-rebated sessions per calendar year. These are provided with an initial 6 sessions then a further 4 after a 6 session review is conducted by your GP. While we take care to inform you of the availability of this rebate and offer the service to process rebates, ultimately it is your responsibility to keep track of the number of sessions you have. We cannot be held responsible for any issues with rebates provided by Medicare.